For both passionate golfers and armchair travelers, this gorgeous full-color book presents the world's greatest golf venues, including the personal favorites of renowned players, course architects, and other experts in the sport.
From Ballyliffin, Ireland's northernmost course whose rumpled fairways wander along the North Sea in the shadows of Glashedy Rock, to New Zealand's Cape Kidnappers, perched atop dramatic cliffs some 500 feet above the ocean, the book's beautiful photographs capture the architecture, noteworthy holes, location, and ambiance that make these courses standouts for ardent golfers. Highlights include:
- Alberta, Canada: Banff Springs
- Australia: Royal Melbourne Golf Club (West)
- California: Pebble Beach Golf Links
- England: Swinley Forest Golf Club
- Florida: TPC Sawgrass, Stadium Course
- Hawaii: Wailua Municipal Golf Course
- Kenya: Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club
- Nebraska: Sand Hills Golf Club
- Netherlands: Channel Gems
- Norway: Miklagard Golf Club
- Nova Scotia, Canada: Highland Links
- Spain: Royal Golf Club of Seville
- And many more!
A close-up look at golf's top courses around the world, recommended by experts such as Nick Faldo and Christie Kerr (pro golfers), Pete Dye and Tom Doak (course architects), and Brian McCallen (editor and author).
With breathtaking color photographs of each site, a brief history of each course, an experiential account--filled with local color--and trip planning advice, this book provides adventurous readers with all the information they need to chip and putt their way across the globe.
This is a great gift for avid golfers and armchair travelers alike, perfect for Father's Day or any day you want to make a golfer thankful.