The beauty of Alpine peaks, idyllic valleys and magnificent waterfalls has long enchanted visitors to Austria and inspired a rich cultural output. You'll see it on the evocative cobblestoned streets and grand boulevards of Austria's cities, where the sounds of Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven fill the air, and magnificent palaces stand shoulder-to-shoulder with modern architectural masterpieces.
Our newly updated guide brings Austria to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. Our updated 2023 travel guide brings Austria to life. DK Eyewitness Austria is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Austria you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Austria's must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Austria, from Vienna to Syria, Tyrol to Burgenland.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: Vienna Inner City, North of Mariahilfer Strasse, South of the Ring, Beyond the Centre, Lower Austria and Burgenland, Styria, Upper Austria, Salzburger Land, Tyrol and Vorarlberg, Carinthia and East Tyrol.